Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grandpa

So, I am about to embark on a mad dash across the country from Denver to good ole' Simsbury. Some 2,000 miles. Reason being is that my grandfather is dying up in Northern New Hampshire. He is 97, to say the least has had a long life. I tried to talk to him the other day, but it was difficult. He was just saying that he was confused about what was going on and that he didn't remember things to the questions that I was asking him. Eventually he said that it was best if he went. Not much I can say to that really. I was very much at a loss for words. My Aunt is throwing him a party and is expecting the whole family (he is at the top of 4 living, maybe 5, generations) to come to her house where he is staying. It is at noon on Saturday. It will be early morning Thursday when I leave Colorado. He asked me to come see him. I'm going to do my damn best. Hold in there Grandpa.

I am though leaving a grand week in Colorado, full of Uncle Todd, bikerides, suds, conversation and the glorious Rockey Mountains. I'll get to that soon, though if I am going to make a productive drive tomorrow, I am going to need some sleep.

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment