Sunday, March 4, 2012

Relaunch...

Good Afternoon,

This blog died two years ago. I quit my last job of teaching out of severe frustration, took solace out of living out of my car, was offered a job as a sustainability instructor back in Phoenix, someone told me what I was doing was dissertation worthy, applied to Prescott College's Sustainability Education program, got in, have been hacking away at that this year and a whole bunch else that I am not going to really go into, besides the following:

My job: www.crestsustainability.net

My new passion: www.abchphoto.com

But, the time has come to "reimagine" (one of my new favorite terms) this blog, as it will no longer be about the random musings about my life, but now the focused experience of a fellow learning and teaching this whole sustainability thing in what was called "The Most Unsustainable City" by author Andrew Ross in his book "Bird on Fire," Phoenix, Arizona.

Besides the absurdity of living in the desert at times as well as learning and teaching a subject still in its infancy, with little common denominators and self-appointed intellectual muses leading the charge in their own respective fields, this blog is aimed at capturing the work and effort of not only learning sustainability, applying sustainability and teaching sustainability, but really giving this all encompassing field of study some sort of relevance for all, and further relevance for myself in continuing with it. Let us hope it doesn't reach a re-demise as the prior self once did.

Note: I am writing this while laying on my patch of grass in my back yard in the desert, a completely non-native and resource intensive plant to keep alive in a climate that receives about 10 inches of rain a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment